Friday, August 22, 2008

The game without a name

Right.... so I agreed to write a blog about my game development efforts. So, before I actually get into blogging, let's establish some common ground:

What are you working on?
I'm currently working on a game that doesn't really have a fixed name. People common call it one of these:
  • Guitar Zero 2
  • GZ2
  • GuitarZ
  • Frontman
What is the game about?
It's a Guitar Hero-clone. It basically lets you play famous rock songs with a plastic guitar.

What does it look like?
Have a look at these two Youtube-Videos that feature the game with different mods:

Guitar Hero Mod: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJPukAOS49M

Rock Band Mod:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBMGmA5hmvM

Looks pretty good already. So what are you working on RIGHT NOW?
Well, Rock Band came out and pretty much added a whole new dimension to the genre. I wanna do the same with my clone, so I'm trying to get Drums, Mics and basically even full band play working within my game.

So it seems that it doesn't matter that the game does not yet have a final name. "GuitarZ" just ain't gonna do it anymore...

No comments: