Friday, August 22, 2008

Stage Diving

GZ2 doesn't have 3D stage - yet. It's got a pretty moddable 2D stage, video stages and one that shows a static image. Still, I struggled for quite some time to get a 3D stage, because none of the models presented by the GZ community would import. The .fbx or .x importer would always throw one error message or another and most people didn't have the patience to try different exporters until it worked out. I know, it really sounds like the simplest problem in the world, but try fixing a broken file when
a) People don't have the patience to use different exporters
b) You don't actually have a modelling tool yourself.

However, I just tried the model that derelict68 sent me and....*TADA*....it's the first one that actually imports into the game ;) It might look simple to some, but I'm really happy that he obviously managed to find a working exporter! Here's one of his screenshots, so you get the idea:



If I didn't currently work at the "heart of the game" to implement drums, I would immediately start playing with his stage - nice work!

No comments: